There are tons of wonderful ways of being part of everyday life of Martha & Mary Ministries, such as:
- Mother-daughter/father-son and other service teams “Saturday Blitz; in 4 hours at the house: visit with residents, clean the house, do another special yard or house project, help prepare lunch, and bake cookies — pretty good for a morning’s work!
- Costco shoppers; faithful friends who include some items for us once a month when they make their Costco run (see below.)
- Cooks–come on regular basis and cook or drop off a meal.
- Musicians–grace the house with music—come on a regular basis to play piano players, sing or play other instruments.
- Landscapers & gardeners–come and help keep our grounds gorgeous all year round.
- Community advocates–spread the word of Martha & Mary Home and Ministries to church, school, social groups as well as physicians, social workers and others in the community who need to partner up with Martha & Mary.
- Office helpers–for filing, data entry and the like to help us run smoothly.
- Compassionate Companions–to sit vigil with our residents and others in nursing homes when they are close to death.
- Other–let us know your particular skills and ideas.
Call 503 510-0401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with our Volunteer Coordinator about how you can help us in the home, office, community!
Already a volunteer?
Volunteers to “sit vigil” with residents in nursing homes who would otherwise be alone in their last hours and days.
End of Life Education
We speak with parishes and other community groups about such topics as Advance Directives, resources at end of life, protecting dignity at end of life and other topics. Contact us to arrange a program with your group.
Join A Special Donor Group
We appreciate each and every gift. Each donation brings Martha & Mary Home closer to life! We have established special groups to honor our donors:
Compassion Club: Members make gifts of $1,000 or more annually toward Martha & Mary Ministries services. Donors are recognized for one calendar year in our newsletters and events.
The Dieringer Society: Donors make Martha & Mary Ministries a beneficiary of their estate by designating a specific dollar amount, specific asset or a percentage of their estate.